Monday 17 April 2017

TrailX Cross-Duathlon

Billed as the sprint round of the series, Checkendon was set up as a 3.5k run - 13k bike - 3.5k run and without a hill in sight it should be perfect for some fast racing. And that's exactly what we got!  From the gun the pace was ridiculously high as we sprinted off through the farmers fields and up to the first wooded section. I knew I couldn't hold that pace for long so eased it back slightly and settled into my on rhythm- trying not to worry about those disappearing ahead, I was sure I'd see most of them again. 


Lots of empty racks in T1 meant it was time to get to work on the bike again. With lots of dry, dusty and tight singletrack the bike course was great fun and I was soon making up places. I definitely got my sprint training in too launching out of the corners as fast as I could. 


Out into the second run and focusing on a quick turnover I soon found my rhythm and tried to maintain the good form whilst giving it what I had left. I finished up in 10th place and happy with another good days training, but boy those top boys are quick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment